I prefer cooking nutritious food in the shortest possible time on any busy day (which almost everyday is:). The egg curry I made today took the least amount of time and turned out finger-licking good. You can make this curry with the ingredients that are available any day in your refrigerator. Only chopping the onions and the tomatoes and of course boiling the eggs took the most time. Once that was done, the curry was ready while I was still loading the dishwasher:) Here's the simple recipe of the delicious curry.
Eggs-4, hard boiled and shelled,
Salt- to taste
Red pepper powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-a few
Jalapenos-3, slit and cut
Onions-2 medium, cut
Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
Garam masala-1 tsp
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
1.Heat oil in a pot and and add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds and wait for them to sizzle and crackle.
2. Add the jalapenos and the curry leaves and stir.
3. Put the onions in and saute until they turn translucent and add the ginger-garlic paste and stir until the raw smell goes away.
4. Add the tomatoes at this point and cook with the lid covered until they turn pulpy.
5. Put the salt, red pepper powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and stir.
6. Gently make a small cut in the eggs, making sure it does not cut through and carefully slide them into the tomato mixture and cook on high heat for a minute on high heat.
7. Turn the heat off and let it rest for five minutes.
8.Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy!