Peanut Chutney-3

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

It has been a while folks, since I last posted any new recipe. Blogger had been acting up and would not let me sign in for a couple days. However, I have been reading all your lovely blogs. When I stumbled upon a blog, of a creative blogger and read the recipe of peanut chutney, I went ahead and made it even without thinking twice and it turned out very delicious. It is also very easy and healthy. Here's what I used..,

Ingredients:

Peanuts-1 cup, roasted and ground to a fine powder
Salt- to taste
Dry red chillies-4
Tamarind pulp-1/4 cup
Cilantro-1 tbs, chopped




Water-as needed


for tempering.,

Oil-1 tbs
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
Urad daal-1 tsp
Curry leaves-a few

Directions:

1. Blend together the peanut powder, red chillies, cilantro, garlic, salt, tamarind pulp to a fine paste.

2.Heat oil in a saute pan and add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and let them sizzle and crackle.

3. Add the urad daal and stir for a brief minute until they turn brown.

4.Turn off the stove and quickly add the curry leaves and wait for a few seconds.

5.Quickly pour the tempering onto the chutney and serve.

Enjoy!






5 comments:

  1. that turned out gud... did u take off the skin??

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother-in-law makes amazing peanut chutney. It's quite similar to how you made yours, except that she adds a small tomato and couple of green chilies (both quickly fried in very little oil - the tomato, you just cut one into half and fry until it gets slightly burnt), and mint leaves when she blends the paste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nadia. This will be my next chutney insha Allah.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.