Like many of us who cannot cook liver right, i couldn't for a long time. Every time I made an attempt, I ended up with rock-hard pieces of liver that were not good to look at or eat. However, I have now mastered the art of cooking it right and retain a soft bite. Here's what we are gonna need...,
Liver-2 cups(cut into bite-size pieces, washed and drained.)
Salt- To taste
Red pepper powder-to taste
Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
Onions-1 large, thinly sliced
Tomatoes-2 medium, peeled and diced
1. Marinate the pieces of liver with all the ingredients except the oil, tomatoes and onions for half an hour.
2. Heat oil in a pot and fry onions until they turn golden brown.
3. Put in the marinated liver in and cook on high heat and while stirring in between.
4. Add the diced tomatoes and continue to stir until the tomatoes soften and you see the oil seperate from the whole mixture.
5. Do a taste test and add any seasonings if required at this time.
6. Turn off the stove and transfer to a serving bowl.