Cabbage Curry-2

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

There is a sense of warmth and comfort simple foods give you that fancy ones do not. This cabbage curry was what my Mom made all the time and still does and it gets cooked in very little time and can be served with plain bread, or with plain rice with or without lentil soup.



Ingredients: 

Cabbage- one small, finely shredded, washed and drained
Salt-to taste
Red pepper powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Ginger-garlic-1 tsp
Tomatoes-2 medium diced
Oil-2 tbs
Tur daal-1/2 cup, soaked for an hour

Directions:

1. In a big round bowl, mix all the ingredients except the oil.

2. Heat oil in a pot and pour the cabbage mixture in and cook on high heat for five minutes.

3. Reduce the heat and cook covered until the cabbage and tomatoes turn soft.

4. One more time, increase the heat and stir and cook until the curry becomes dry and the daal also turns soft.

5. Turn off the stove, transfer to a serving bowl.

6. Enjoy!






6 comments:

  1. Delicious curry....First time here you have a nice space....Happy to follow you....glad if you step to mine....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mouthwatering cabbage curry dear...may I join you?

    How you been there? Hope all is well with you! Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Love2cook:) All's been well. I wish you luck too!

      Delete
  3. maashallah deliciously done :)
    I can see the tajine in the background inshallah looking forward to see the Moroccan recipes

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.