Pita Bread and Blogging Break

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

It's that time of the year (Ramadan)when I have to take a break from blogging in order  block distractions that come in my way of worship!

I wish all of you a Happy and successful Ramadan pray to Allah that He forgives our past sins and enables to remain steadfast in all our actions for the rest of our lives.

Will see you back in after Eid in August insha Allah.



Before I leave, I would like to share with you the recipe of Pita Bread I have adapted from one Blog that I really love, www.vegrecipesofindia.com . I have used all purpose flour and hence the white pitas:) I will however make them with whole wheat flour once I am back. The result was one melt-in-the mouth, pillowy-soft,  pockety bread.



Ingredients :



All purpose flour-3 cups
Active dry yeast-1/2 tbs
Salt-1/2 tbs
Sugar- a generous pinch
Olive oil-1 1/2 tbs
Water-2 cups(warm)




Directions:

1. In 1/2 cup of warm water, add the sugar and  yeast and stir well. Set aside for 10 minutes until it turns frothy.

2. Add the olive oil, salt to the flour and mix well until the mixture turns crumbly.

3. Pour the proofed yeast mixture into the and mix well, and add the remaining warm water and knead a dough that is soft and when you push it with your finger, springs back.

4. Apply oil all over the dough and place it in a greased bowl and leave it to rise for an hout.

5. When the dough doubles in size, punch it down and make small portions of dough and roll them into circular discs on a floured surface , and keep the discs covered with a damp cloth for another 10 minutes

6. Preheat the oven to 400 deg F and place the rolled bread onto a baking sheet and bake  until the bread puffs up ( takes around five to seven minutes). Flip it one time and bake on the other side for a few seconds and remove from the oven into a bread basket and keep covered until it is time to serve.

7. Enjoy!


10 comments:

  1. thanks and the pita breads are looking great. will see you after the break :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These came out perfect for me, thanks so much for posting the recipe!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog :)
    salam kenal sobat :)
    di tunggu kunjungan balik.nya ya !terimakasih ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ultimate….
    saadepunjab.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I loved this pita bread...made so perfectly! Have a great day and looking forward to more delightful recipes in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ............it's been so long. So long since I last commented. A fair while since I visited the blog, too... I've missed you so much!
    I love pita bread... but my oven doesn't do me good.. it's getting old. Can't wait to get a new one to try this out...
    Been looking through all your recipes... the curries, the chutneys, desserts and all. You have some amazing recipes here, can't wait to start enjoying more as my uni semester is slowly coming to an end :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a surprise Fati! You made my day with your comment. I cant wait fo ryou to start posting your recipes again:) Loveya lots!

      Delete
  7. really good piece of information, I had come to know about your site from my friend shubodh, kolkatta,i have read atleast nine posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your site gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanks a lot once again, Regards, upma recipe

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.