Tangy Tomato Soup


Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Sometimes when I ask Mom what she had cooked for the day, she happily says "tomato soup" along with some green leafy  vegetables. I had seen as a child that she was very excited to make this soup, while I did not appreciate it a bit. Now that I am in charge of cooking and feeding, I discover ways to make it interesting and palatable for all.Go ahead and discover for yourself how healthy and tasty this soup can be.

Ingredients:

Tomatoes-4 large( red and tangy ones)
Water-3-4 cups
Salt-to taste
Red pepper powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Fresh cream-1 tsp for garnishing(optional)
Boiled egg-1 for garnishing(optional)
Black pepper powder-for garnishing

Directions:

1.Set the tomatoes in a non-reactive pot to boil with the water, pepper powder, turmeric powder until the tomatoes are cooked and soft.

2. Use a hand blender and blend them until smooth.

3. Add salt, and give it a good stir and strain it with a strainer and discard all the seeds and skin.

4. Bring it to a boil and transfer to a serving bowl.

5. Garnish with fresh cream black pepper powder and the boiled egg and serve.

4 comments:

  1. Love tomato soup ,yummy with cream topping!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy tomato soup..love it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delicious, nice color too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.