Spicy Potato Fries

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Cooking good food doesn't need the most exotic ingredients or anything fancy and expensive. It's all about the choice and combination of right ingredients and a willingness to try new and creative ways of cooking the same old food to make it taste and look good. Here's how I cooked up some spicy fries that were fried in the least amount of oil and had a burst of flavors from my favorite ingredients.

Ingredients:

Potatoes-4 medium, cut into desired shape and size, washed and patted dry
Oil-a little as desired
Salt-to taste
Red pepper powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Coconut powder-2 tbs, roasted
Garlic-4 cloves
Fresh cilantro leaves-enough to garnish

Directions:

1.Grind together the coconut powder, garlic pepper powder, salt and turmeric powder and set aside.

2. Heat oil in a pot and fry the potatoes until just about done.

3. Sprinkle the powdered mixture and give it a toss and reduce the flame and cook until the potatoes are cooked all the way through.

4. Turn off the stove and garnish with cilantro leaves.

5. Enjoy!



Notes:

You may grind the mixture to your desired texture-coarse or fine.

Use a non-stick pot and use the least amount of oil.





7 comments:

  1. I'm loving your recent potato recipes. If my husband didn't make me weight-conscious, I would probably be eating potatoes all day because it's one of my favorite vegetables..probably tops my list of favorite vegetables. But I plan to try out all your potato recipes, nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potatoes are known for adding those extra pounds but are very good for health. I myself do not cook them a whole lot. They are the quick-fix option for me. Do try them and make sure you make a small quantity only as they are addictive:)

      Delete
  2. this is such a different way of making potato fries. the potatoes are looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Low calories and healthy Potato Fries recipe . Thank you for posting this recipe! This type of recipes are also available in food and recipe books .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, these are great :) I've really missed you <3 but I'm keeping up with the amazing recipes you're posting. I haven't heard of coconut powder to be honest: milk, cream, desiccated, shredded, but not powdered ;) Is it an Indian cuisine based thing, or do you suppose I could find some on the spice rack in a local supermarket? :)


    --fatisrecipes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Fati, I have missed you too:)

    Coconut powder is just a finer form of dessicated coconut, found here at the Indian Stores. You may make it yourself at home in a good grinder; however, stop before it becomes oily and pasty:)

    My new discovery is of the coconut flour(healthy substitute for flours in baking) though, tell me if you have it there:)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.