Pumpkin Muffins

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

If someone told me these beauties are pumpkin muffins, I wouldnt believe it. They didnt taste or smell like pumpkins. They tasted better than the store bought calorie-laden buttery muffins and let me tell you, I have used olive oil in place of butter. Plus, I have used only one blender jar to blend the batter and didnt have too many bowls and whisks to wash:)



Ingredients:

All purpose flour-2 cups
Salt- a pinch
Baking powder-1 tsp
Eggs-4, at room temperature
Sugar-1 cup
Olive oil-1 cup
Pumpkin-2 cups, cubed and steamed
Mango essence-2 tsps



Directions:

1. Preheat oven at a 350 deg F.

2. First, blend the eggs until foamy and light.

3.Add the essence and pulse.

4 Add the olive oil, steamed pumpkin, sugar and blend for a brief minute.

5. Slowly add a couple of tbs of flour and blend until you put in all the flour.

6. Line a muffin tin with liners and pour in the batter 3/4 of the way, leaving room for the muffins to rise.

7. Bake in the oven until the tops look yellowish and they pass a toothpick test.

8. Turn off the oven and remove from the tin and let cool for 10 minutes.

9. Enjoy!


13 comments:

  1. Good one.....
    http://www.deccansojourn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look wonderful. I have never used pumpkin in my my cooking and I don't think I ever had it either. I have always wondered how it tastes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you haven't tried it yet, I think you must. It has a lot of benefit and also from the preferred food of our Prophet PBUH. It can be made into a savory curry of a dessert:)

      Delete
  3. i dont like pumpkin at all..usually my mil makes pumpkin curry..but this form of pumpkin! really i can make it any day and eat it..i dont bake much..and the cakes or muffins recipe i have seen on net asks for just mixing all the dry nd wet ingredients well and not to overdo the mixing..but here u have blended everything in the jar..does this make the cake bread like having more voids and airy..just a question out of curiosity as i m learning to bake..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suhani, technically, you mix the dry and wet ingredients seperately. However, mixing the batter in a mixer or a blender makes the job easy and mixes it very well and the results are guaranteed:) Best of luck with baking!

      Delete
  4. soft & delicious muffins!!
    Thanx for dropping by & Thanx for the follow:-)

    Ongoing Events at(Erivum Puliyum)-
    1. The Kerala Kitchen(June'12)

    2.EP Series-Basil OR Cardamom

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy and soft muffins...glad to follow u...
    do visit my space in your free time...

    Shabbu's Tasty Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never made muffins with olive oil.. they look delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm now these look interesting. Gotta try 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I wouldn't have believed they're pumpkin muffins either :) They look so good though, really moist (I'll have to bargain with mum for some pumpkin - she's big on using it in her soups) :)

    I think what I love just as much is the healthiness, I guess 1 cup of sugar never hurt anyone ;)

    --fatisrecipes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.