Ever wondered how to make the spicy and delicious potato filling inside of a paper-thin, crispy masala dosa? Here you go..,
Potatoes-2 (boiled, peeled and grated with a grater or masher until all the lumps are gone)
Onions-1/2, thinly sliced
Salt- to taste
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Green pepper-1 tbs, cut into small pieces
Ginger- garlic paste-1 tsp
Lemon juice-1 tbs
Fresh cilantro leaves- a handful
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
Urad daal-1 tsp, soaked
Chana daal-1 tsp, soaked
Curry leaves-a few
1. Heat oil in a pot and ad the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida urad daal, chana daal one after the other after a brief second and stir.
2. Put the sliced onions and saute until they turn golden brown.
3. Add the ginger-garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder and give it a mix.
4. Put in the mashed potato along with the cilantro leaves and lemon juice and mix well.
5.Reduce the heat to a med-low and cover with a lid and cook for five minutes.
6. When you see steam coming up to the lid, turn off the stove and transfer to a serving bowl.