Potatoes are the most-widely eaten vegetable. They can be cooked in a very short time and can be cooked in endless ways. In my attempt to find a new way to cook them, I have adapted a recipe from here I have to confess, these potatoes are extremely easy to make and are lipsmacking delicious.
Potatoes-4 medium, cubed
Water- enough to boil
Red pepper powder-to taste
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder-to taste
Chickpea flour-2 tbs
Poppy seeds-1 tbs
Oil- to fry
1. Bring water to a rolling boil and drop the cubed potatoes for 2 minutes and drain.
2. Mix together all the dry ingredients.
3. Sprinkle the dry mixture over the potatoes and toss to coat.
4. Heat oil in a pot and put the potatoes and mix every minute or so, making sure the cubes get fried evenly on all sides by mixing gently.
5. When done, remove the potatoes with a spoon.
6. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve hot.