Poppyseed Coated Potatoes

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Potatoes are the most-widely eaten vegetable. They can be cooked in a very short  time and can be cooked in endless ways. In my attempt to find a new way to cook them, I have adapted a recipe from here I have to confess, these potatoes are extremely easy to make and are lipsmacking delicious.


Ingredients:

Potatoes-4 medium, cubed
Water- enough to boil
Salt-to taste
Red pepper powder-to taste
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder-to taste
Chickpea flour-2 tbs
Poppy seeds-1 tbs
Oil- to fry

Directions:

1. Bring water to a rolling boil and drop the cubed potatoes for 2 minutes and drain.

2. Mix together all the dry ingredients.

3. Sprinkle the dry mixture over the potatoes and toss to coat.

4. Heat oil in a pot and put the potatoes and mix every minute or so, making sure the cubes get fried evenly on all sides by mixing gently.

5. When done, remove the potatoes with a spoon.

6. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve hot.

7. Enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. These potatoes look irresistible. Must try this

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't had the chance to get my hands on chickpea flour, but hopefully I will soon (I know a good Indian store but it's quite far from where I live).... These look so delicious! I can't wait to get back into the kitchen and cooking! This one's topping the priority list ;)

    --fatisrecipes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. very useful really good information thanks for posting such a good information it will hepls the people a lot keep it up , Regards, upma recipe

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.