Pineapple Chutney


Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Yes, you read it right, pineapple chutney! I am very lazy when it comes to peeling and cutting a pineapple. After all the hard work I go through, i want to make sure everyone eats it. When I figured folks in my home didn't care much for it, I decided to follow my instinct and make this fabulous chutney. The result was flavorful, a little sweet, a little tart, and a little spicy goodness. Don't even hesitate to try it next time coz the result is worth it.

Ingredients:

Pineapple-2 cups, cubed
Salt- to taste
Red pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp



For tempering

Oil-2 tsps
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
Dry red chillies-1, broken
Asafoetida-1/4 tsp

Directions: 


1. Blend the pineapple cubes to make a smooth puree.

2. Heat oil, add the red chillies and fry until they change color and remove and set aside.

3. Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let them sizzle and pop, and remove half of them and set them aside with the fried chillies.

4. Add the asafoetida to the oil and wait for few seconds and pour  in the pineapple puree carefully along with the salt, pepper powder, and turmeric powder.

5. Cook for five minutes and use  a splatter shield as the puree will splatter everywhere.

6. Turn off the stove and transfer to a serving bowl and add the remaining tempering on the top.

7.Serve.

8.Enjoy!



5 comments:

  1. nice innovative idea,love the pineapple flavor..yummy!

    Ongoing Events at(Erivum Puliyum)-
    1. The Kerala Kitchen(June'12)

    2.EP Series-Basil OR Cardamom

    ReplyDelete
  2. i liked the new layout of your blog. a delicious way to have pineapples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaay! I am making progress :) Thank you so much Dassana. When I first started blogging, I knew so little and it makes me happy to know I am doing better:)

      Delete
  3. images are awesome i think taste also be delicious , Regards. upma recipe

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.