Mixed Lentil Soup

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Cooking for me, is more than just cooking. There's a lot of organized planning that goes into it. I am not big on eating or cooking, but when it comes to serving others food, it has to be healthy, delicious and presentable. In order to make food pass this criteria, I have to plan. Once the plan is in place,  cooking becomes a breeze for me.  I have erratic days when a lot of things demand attention as much as cooking does and I find myself multitasking., planning and working all at the same time. Here's one awesome lentil soup I made on such a day.



Ingredients:

Red lentils(skin on)-1/4 cup
Pigeon peas(skin less)-1/4 cup
Black lentils(skinless)-1/4 cup
Mung beans(skinless)-1/4 cup
Salt-to taste
Red pepper powder-to taste
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander powder-1 1/2 tsp
Tomatoes-2, chopped
Ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
Oil-1 tbs
Cilantro-to garnish
Fresh cream/ sour cream or yogurt- to garnish(optional)
Water- as needed

Directions:

1. Wash and drain all the lentils and pressure cook them in required amount of water until the lentils become soft.

2. Use a wooden spoon to muddle the lentils a little bit to make them mushy and add more water if necessary to get a desired consistency and set aside.

3.Heat oil in a pot and add ginger-garlic paste and fry it until it turns brown.

4. Add tomatoes and cook until they become soft and pulpy.

5. Put the coriander powder, salt, turmeric powder, red pepper powder and mix well.

6. Pour in the lentils and bring to a boil.

7. Turn off the stove and pour into serving bowls or cups and garnish with a drizzle of fresh cream or sour cream or even yogurt and serve.

8.Enjoy!


7 comments:

  1. Mixed lentil soup is so nutritious..looks yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very useful really good information thanks for posting such a good information it will hepls the people a lot keep it up , Regards, upma recipe

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.