Lamb Chops

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

This recipe of lamb chops has been passed down to me from two great ladies who are the best cooks I have known., my grandma and my Mom. I know to all of you out there, yours are great too. Remember everyone  can cook the same thing using the same ingredients but, the amount of love and experience that goes into making a specific thing makes it taste different and unique. To me, because of the love for these ladies, this recipe holds a special importance to me and I don't mind sharing it with you:)



Ingredients:

Lamb chops-8-10 in number
Ginger-garlic paste-2 tsp
Salt- to taste
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Green peppers-2-4
Fresh coconut-3 tbs, grated
Oil-2 tbs
Fresh cilantro-a handful
Yogurt-2 tbs

Directions:

1.Grind together the green pepper, cilantro, coconut.

2. Mix yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, the green pepper mixture in a bowl and then rub it onto the lamb chops and set them aside to marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.

3. After half hour, remove them from the refrigerator and pressure cook them until they are soft and done and turn off the stove.

4. After the pressure settles down, remove the lid and pour the oil and saute the chops carefully until the moisture dries up.

5. Transfer to a serving plate and serve hot.

6. Enjoy!




7 comments:

  1. No one can beat lamb chops made by a mom! I love my mom's lamb chops and yours must definitely be as amazing since they look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good. I really like how you cooked them in the pressure cooker first and then sauted them..must have been done quick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that way the chops get cooked and are still holding shape.

      Delete
  3. wow,very delicious!!
    Happy to join your space too:-)
    Do drop by my space & hope u'll join the same:-)

    Ongoing Events at(Erivum Puliyum)-
    1. The Kerala Kitchen(June'12)

    2.EP Series-Basil OR Cardamom

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.