Baby Eggplant Chutney

 Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I still resent eating certain things I didn't like to eat as a child. Vegetables like eggplant, bitter gourd are a few examples. But as a conscious  adult I want to include all those vegetables in our diet and also make my children love to eat them. So, I try to tweak  old recipes or search for new ones to make it more palatable. I stumbled upon www.amjumsrasoi.blogspot.com and found a rare recipe for Baigan ki Chutney and went ahead and made it. It took very little time to make and the good thing is, nobody could tell by it's taste or texture it was made out of those good old eggplants:)


Ingredients:

Baby Eggplants-5-8, washed and cut up
Tomatoes-2 large, washed and cubed
Salt- to taste
Red pepper powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Cumin seeeds-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-5-10
Olive Oil-2-3 tbs

Directions:

1. Heat oil in a pot and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.

2. Once they sizzle, add tomatoes and cook them until they turn pulpy.

3. Add the salt, red pepper powder and turmeric powder and give it a mix.

4. Put the eggplants in and cook on medium heat until they get cooked.

5. Turn off the stove and let them cool completely.

6. Blend the cook eggplant mixture to a desired consistency.

7. Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle a generous amount of olive oil.

8. Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy. It is interesting to note that there is no ginger-garlic in this..my mom says that vegetarian dishes taste good even without ginger garlic paste. I would love to try this out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mom is right. I didn't even think about it coz my Mom almost never uses ginger-garlic paste when cooking vegetables. If at all, she uses only garlic. And they taste very good.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.