This daal spells comfort to me. It is perfect for a lazy weekend afternoon, when you dont feel like cooking and have to:) It gets done in a jiffy and is the best lentil soup you would have ever made.
Chana daal-1 cup
Water-2 cups or more
Salt- to taste
Red pepper powder-to taste
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Tomatoes-2 medium, peeled and chopped
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
Fresh cilantro leaves- as desired for garnish
1. Boil the chana daal until it gets cooked and turns soft and mushy.
2. Add salt, and water to get desired consistency and run a hand blender and then bring it to a boil turn off the stove and transfer to a serving bowl and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a saute pan and add the cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
4. Put in the chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red pepper powder, and cook until it gets pulpy.
5. Pour this mixture on the dal in the serving bowl.
6.Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve.