Pasta with Pumpkin Sauce

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I saw this  recipe for Butternut Squash Pasta  and got a little creative and went ahead and made mine with Pumpkin and also used evaporated milk in place of cream and milk. The result was unbelivably delicious. You cannot tell it is pumpkin sauce and it just melts in the mouth. Don't wait long, go ahead and make it and tell me how it turned out:)

Ingredients:

Pasta-2 cups
Salt- to taste
Black pepper powder-as desired
Evaporated milk-2 cups
Pumpkin-2 cups, cubed
All purpose flour-2 tbs
Oil-2 tbs
Water- as needed
Fresh cilantro- as needed

Directions:

1. Boil the pumpkin cubes in some water until they get soft and when done, turn off the stove and set aside to cool.

2. Blend and puree the pumpkin.

3. Heat oil in a pot and add the flour and quickly stir until it turns light brown and immediately add the pumpkin puree.

 4. Add salt, black pepper powder and milk and bring it to a boil

5. Boil the pasta in water with a little bit of oil and salt until soft to bite or al dente  and drain and set aside.

6. To serve, pour out desired amount of pasta on a plate and pour the pumpkin sauce over the pasta.

7. Garnish with a little bit of pepper and fresh cilantro and serve.

8. Enjoy!







5 comments:

  1. This looks like a yummy and healthy recipe for my little boy. My hubby is a big fan of all kinds of pasta too, besides my son. should try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @SproutsofSpring, this pasta became everyones favorite at my home. You must try it and you will not miss anything else.

      Delete
  2. Interesting recipe..will try it out.just bought some pumpkins yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.