Cod Curry


Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

While incorporating more fish in our diet, I have to be creative and cook it in different ways before it gets monotonous. This recipe is my own creation and has some of my favorite ingredients in a perfect balance.

Ingredients:

Cod- 2 fillets( cut into cubes)
Salt- to taste
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Green peppers-3-4
Tomatoes-2 medium
Curry leaves- about 1/4 cup
Coconut milk-3/4 cup
Oil- as required
Onions-1/2, sliced

Directions:

1. Grind together the tomatoes, curry leaves, green peppers and coconut milk until smooth.

2. Heat a tsp of oil and saute the cod cubes and set aside.

3. Heat more oil and saute onions until they turn light brown.

4. Pour in the ground mixture and cook on high heat until it comes to a bpil.

5. Put the sauteed cod in and reduce the heat to a medium and cook for five minutes.

6. Turn off the stove and transfer to a serving bowl and serve.

7. Enjoy!

3. Heat some more oil and

5 comments:

  1. irresistable n so tempting..very well done
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  2. masha`allah that looks really good and so simple

    ReplyDelete
  3. this curry is looking like one of the fish curry my mom would make. i would only have the curry and not the fish as a kid :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I ever made fish curry, but I remember my mom made it once using 'mahekhaliya' spices. I would love to try this out. preparing curry would be a good change from my usual fish recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @SproutsofSpring, I have never made Mahekhaliya myself. Although, I have eaten it and love it. Would love to make it soon insha Allah.

      Delete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.