This is a salad, as simple as it can get. Very soft to bite, as opposed to uncooked crunch, and full of healthy ingredients. I served it along with Khatti daal, Plain Chaawal and broiled Salmon for dinner.
- Beet -1 medium sized, cut into desired sized slices
- Salt-to taste
- Onions-1/4 roughly sliced
- Black pepper coarsely ground -1 tsp
- Olive oil- a generous amount
- Water-1/2 cup
- Cilantro- to garnish
1.Cook the slices of beet in water along with salt, until the slices become soft and all the water gets dried up.
2.Remove and place the slices on a plate and wait for them to cool off a bit.
3. Place the onion slices on top of the beet slices
4.Garnish with ground pepper.
5.Drizzle olive oil and serve.