Achar Chicken

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

This is a very easy recipe bursting with flavor and cooked with spices used to make pickles. And, when I say easy, it is really easy:) I marinated the chicken with the spices and seasonings and cooked it in sauteed onions and voila! it was done:)

Ingredients:

  • Chicken: 1 whole cut up, cleaned and washed
  • Salt- to taste
  • Crushed red pepper-to taste
  • Turmeric powder- 1tsp
  • Black seeds-  1 tsp(Roasted  and coarsely ground)
  • Fennel seeds-1 tsp(roasted and coarsely ground)
  • Coriander powder-1 tsp
  • Ginger-garlic paste-1 tbs
  • Oil-2-3 tbs
  • Onions-2 medium, sliced
  • Yogurt-1/2 cup
  • Tomatoes-2 medium cubed
  • Cilantro leaves-to garnish

Directions:

1. Marinate Chicken in a mixture of all the ingredients except the onions for an hour.

2. Heat oil in a potand saute onions until golden brown.

3.Put the Chicken in and cook on high heat with a tight fitting lid, stirring gently.

4. When  liquid in the pot starts to reduce, do a taste taste and add salt if needed and reduce the heat to the lowest and cook for 10 minutes.

5.  Turn off thew stove when you see oil floating on the top.

6.Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve.

7. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. I don't remember if I ever used fennel in a curry or maybe I did once when I made Roghan Josh a long, long time ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing the visit was worth…
    Gurgaonflowerplaza.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. first time in ur space n I absolutely loved it!!!the chicken gravy looks absolutely delicious !!!I'm ur new follower now :-) do check out my site in ur free time !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell from it's look and the list of ingredients that this dish tastes absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.