This is a very easy recipe bursting with flavor and cooked with spices used to make pickles. And, when I say easy, it is really easy:) I marinated the chicken with the spices and seasonings and cooked it in sauteed onions and voila! it was done:)
- Chicken: 1 whole cut up, cleaned and washed
- Salt- to taste
- Crushed red pepper-to taste
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Black seeds- 1 tsp(Roasted and coarsely ground)
- Fennel seeds-1 tsp(roasted and coarsely ground)
- Coriander powder-1 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste-1 tbs
- Oil-2-3 tbs
- Onions-2 medium, sliced
- Yogurt-1/2 cup
- Tomatoes-2 medium cubed
- Cilantro leaves-to garnish
1. Marinate Chicken in a mixture of all the ingredients except the onions for an hour.
2. Heat oil in a potand saute onions until golden brown.
3.Put the Chicken in and cook on high heat with a tight fitting lid, stirring gently.
4. When liquid in the pot starts to reduce, do a taste taste and add salt if needed and reduce the heat to the lowest and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Turn off thew stove when you see oil floating on the top.
6.Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve.