Smelt Fish in Coconut Gravy

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.

During my recent visit to an Organic Grocery Store, I bought some wild caught Smelt Fish and some Sockeye Salmon. They were very expensive but, I think that's what our body deserves., wholesome food, free from all the bad stuff. The smelt fish was very beautiful to look at and tasted a lot like sardines. The heads were cut off and were already cleaned. I cooked a curry which was rather thick than runny and made it with one of my favorite ingredients, coconut milk. So, I think this was an ultimate combination of awesome ingredients and curry was a rich medley of flavors.



Ingredients:

  • Smelt fish-1 lb
  • Salt- to taste
  • Red pepper powder-1  1/2 tsp
  • Turmeric powder-1 tsp
  • Ginger-Garlic paste-1 tsp
  • Garam Masala- 1 tsp
  • Coconut milk-1 can(preservative free)
  • Tomato puree-1 cup
  • Almond meal-2 tbs
  • Oil-1/2 cup

Directions:

1. Wash the fish and pat dry.
2.Apply salt, turmeric powder, red pepper powder and ginger-garlic powder and set aside.
3.Heat a pan and pour oil and shallow fry the fish cand set aside.
4. Heat some oil in a pot and add the tomato puree, almond meal and coconut milk and cook on high heat.
5.When the gravy begins to boil, slowly slide in the fried fish and cook for two minutes on high heat.
6.Sprinkle the garam masala and turn off the heat and cover with a id.
7.Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with plain boiled rice.
8.Enjoy!








1 comment:

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.