I am sure Mom will be smiling while reading this post and also looking at the picture too. Because, this was what she came up with when she was pressed for time. She was pretty organized when it came to cooking a meal and she was the best in fixing quick meals. This curry gave us both the goodness of egg and onions and tomatoes. I refused to cook anything today as I found myself running races with time,once again! But, I had to cook dinner anyway, as there were no leftovers (I believe in serving and eating fresh food and therefore, there is no refrigetated of frozen food in my house), I cooked this quick egg curry, with eggs on top of a bed of fried onions and tomatoes.
- Onion-1 large, roughly sliced
- Tomatoes-2 medium cubed
- Salt- to taste
- Red pepper powder-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Oil-1 tbs
- Eggs-4 large
- Fresh cilantro-1 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan and saute onions until they turn translucent.
2. Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for a minute.
3. Put the tomatoes into the pan and cook until they become soft.
4. Add the salt, turmeric powder, red pepper powder and cook until you get an even mixture of the ingredients and you see the oil seperate.
5.Crack eggs in a bowl one at a time and pour them gently one beside the other. Reduce the heat to the lowest and cover with a tight fitting lid.
6.Cook for five minutes until the yolks become firm.
7.Turn off the stove and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
8.Serve right away.
On a side note, the green pan you see is the "orgreenic pan", which I bought from Bed Bath and Beyond. It is worth every penny and works just the way the TV commercial claims. Do you own one too?