Simple Egg curry

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I am sure Mom will be smiling while reading this post and also looking at the picture too. Because, this was what she came up with when she was pressed for time. She was pretty organized when it came to cooking a meal and she was the best in fixing quick meals. This curry gave us both the goodness of egg and onions and tomatoes. I refused to cook anything today as I found myself running races with time,once again! But, I had to cook dinner anyway, as there were no leftovers (I believe in serving and eating fresh food and therefore, there is  no refrigetated of frozen food in my house), I cooked this quick egg curry, with eggs on top of a bed of fried onions and tomatoes.

Ingredients:

  • Onion-1 large, roughly sliced
  • Tomatoes-2 medium cubed
  • Salt- to taste
  • Red pepper powder-1 tsp
  • Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
  • Oil-1 tbs
  • Eggs-4 large 
  • Fresh cilantro-1 tsp

Directions:

1. Heat oil in a pan and saute onions until they turn  translucent.
2. Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for a minute.
3. Put the tomatoes into the pan and cook until they become soft.
4. Add the salt, turmeric powder, red pepper powder and cook until you get an even mixture of the ingredients and you see the oil seperate.
5.Crack eggs in a bowl one at a time and pour them gently one beside the other. Reduce the heat to the lowest and cover with a tight fitting lid.
6.Cook for five minutes until the yolks become firm.
7.Turn off the stove and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
8.Serve right away.
9.Enjoy!


On a side note, the green pan you see is the "orgreenic pan", which I bought from Bed Bath and Beyond. It is worth every penny and works just the way the TV commercial claims. Do you own one too?

5 comments:

  1. Hey it's great you've linked two posts on eggs. Thank you very much. Next week I'm doing one on asparagus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting…
    hyderabadonnet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. my mom also makes a quick egg curry exactly like this one... it used to be her quick fix meals with rice and salad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last week you very kindly linked an eggy post to my Food on Friday series. This week it is all about asparagus. Would love to see another contribution from you. Food on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks very interesting, going to have to try this one out iA!! I was wondering about those pans, glad to see a good review on them from someone that I know! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.