Shrimp Gravy in Coconut Milk and Shrimp Fettuccine

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem


I made this creamy, smooth and  delicious Shrimp in coconut milk and tomato gravy, and added some fresh fenugreek leaves to give it an earthy flavor. Also, I served it on top of boiled rice for those who wanted to eat it with rice. I then boiled some fettucine, which is ribbon-like pasta and served this gravy on top of it, topped with some soft and tender shrimp. Dinner was served even before I knew it:)

Ingredients:

  • Raw Shrimp-20 (tail off)
  • Salt- to taste
  • Red Pepper powder-1 tsp
  • Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
  • Ginger-garlic paste-1 1/2 tsp
  • Tomatoes-4 small (pan roasted with a sprinkle of oil and ground)
  • Cashews-1 tbs (roasted and ground)
  • Coconut milk-3/4 cup
  • Fresh fenugreek leaves-1 tbs
  • Oil-2 tbs
  • Onions-1 medium, sliced
  • Fettucine-as needed(boiled until al dente, drained and drizzled with oil)

Directions:

1. Heat oil in a pot and fry onions until they turn golden brown.
2.Add ginger-garlic paste and fry until the raw smell of the paste goes away. 
3.Add the tomato puree and the cashew paste and stir until oil seperates.
4.Add the salt, red pepper powder, turmeric powder and the coconut milk.
5.Put in the shrimp and the fenugreek leaves and cook on high heat until it comes to a boil.
6.Reduce the heat and cook for a few more minutes.
7. Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.



For the fettucine., 

1.Place a desired amount of boiled fettucine onto a plate.
2.Pour out the desired amount of gravy and place the shrimp on the top and garnish with fresh mint leaves.

Enjoy!


 





















4 comments:

  1. Wow! I just had shrimp yesterday here at my parents' place. My mom fried them, but I really like the ones using coconut milk too. I have a friend from Calcutta, and they make shrimp using a similar recipe. Really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delicious paired with the pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy n creamy shrimps gravy, nice combo with pasta.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.