Salad with Goat Cheese

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Hey folks! Hope you guys were all doing great, while I was busy traveling. I have missed my Kitchen, reading your Blogs and sharing my recipes with you. I am back with renewed energy and enthusiasm to cook, Alhamdulillah.




As a child, I was always trusted with Salad arrangement, while Mom was busy making elaborate and fancy meals for guests. When I look back, I see moments  that were already instilling love for cooking and when I was very young. At seven years of age, I befriended an old American lady in my neighborhood, in India, when I had gone to her home to get some kittens for my friend. She happened to live all by herself and I was amazed to see the inside of her house. It was huge, immaculate and full of books. I mean, it actually looked like a library and her study table was in the center of the room, and on her table was a very old typewriter. She even had a small Kitchen Library with some recipe books.I dont remember what conversation I had with her other than our love for cats ( I had some 29 cats as pets), she handed me a Recipe Book along with the kittens. I have managed to save that book until now.

I shall keep those childhood memories for later posts and tell you about the fresh salad I made before dinner. It was a perfect blend of fresh and crisp vegetables, drizzled with home made salad dressing.

Ingredients:

  • Lettuce- 1 head(organic), chopped
  • Persian Cucumbers-2, sliced
  • Yellow bell pepper-1 , cubed
  • Carrot-2, sliced
  • Kiwi-1, cut into small pieces
  • Goat cheese-2 tbs

for the dressing:

  • Vinegar-1 tbs
  • Lemon zest-1 tsp
  • Ground black pepper-1 tsp
  • Salt- to taste
  • Olive oil-1 tbs

Directions:

1.Place the chopped lettuce on a serving plate followed by the cucumber slices, carrots, cubed bell pepper, kiwi.2

2. Put the goat cheese in the center.

3.Mix all the ingredients listed under "dressing" and set aside.

4.. Drizzle the dressing all over the salad and serve immediately. Enjoy!







3 comments:

  1. thats a lovely to hear you had 29 cats as pets... and you have still preserved the book :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's wonderful that you saved that recipe book all that time. And wow, 29 cats, that's amazing!
    And that salad looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Melissa, I have had 29 cats and gone through a lot of tears and joys because I loved them so much.

      Delete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.