Quail Egg Curry

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem


Quail is a mid-sized game bird and its eggs very small, speckled with brown spots and are a little bigger than an olive. Their yolk is larger than their white. These small eggs are packed with nutritional benefits and contain a lot of vital vitamins and minerals and contain 1gm of fat per egg.

The first time I bought them was from an Asian Market, long ago in California. I simply boiled them and ate them as I wasn't an enthusiastic blogger back then. Eversince I started blogging, I have never been short of ideas and do dare to try new recipes.When I read this recipe a while ago on this amazing blog of an amazing Blogger, I knew what exactly I could make with them.

I, once again stumbled upon these eggs at the Asian Market and as soon as I came home,  I set them to boil and tweaked the recipe and made this flavorful curry. So, next time you find quail eggs, don't hesitate to go ahead and buy some and cook this up and enjoy the benefits of the nutrition they have to offer.




Ingredients




  • Quail eggs-14(hard boiled)
  • Tomatoes-2-3, chopped
  • Ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
  • Dry red chillies-4
  • Curry leaves-6-8
  • Onions-1 large, finely sliced
  • Oil-1 tbs
  • Water-1-1/2 cup

Directions

1.Heat oil in a pot and add onions and sauté until they turn golden brown.
2.Add ginger garlic -paste and fry to get the raw smell out.
3. Put in  the red chillies, curry leaves and stir.
4.Add the chopped tomatoes salt, turmeric and red pepper powder  and cook until all the ingredients get incorporated.
5. Put the boiled eggs in and add water to get a desired consistency.
6.Bring the whole mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to a low and cook for  five minutes.
7.Turn off the stove and transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot. Enjoy!



5 comments:

  1. Never had quail eggs. Love our regular andon ka salan. I'm sure I will like this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, this is a really nice post involving eggs. It would be great if you linked to it in my brand new Food on Friday series. This week it is about all things egg. Food on Friday It would make my day if you put a link into it via the Mr Linky widget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a star for putting up the link. Thank you very much. Hopefully soon we will have a nice collection of all things eggy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there. I was looking at this nice egg dish you linked in to Food on Friday and realised that I hadn't signed up to follow your blog. I am following it now and hope you will follow Carole's Chatter back. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.