Everyone cooks food but certain things, only certain people can cook best. Myself and my brothers A and M still remember the taste of this methi qeema we ate as kids at somebody's home, where an elderly lady had affectionately cooked and prepared lunch for us when we paid them a surprise visit. Later when we grew older and asked Mom about the curry we ate at their home, Mom mentioned that she had cooked the ground meat in Saffola Oil. Although, I did not use saffola oil, I recreated the same memories an taste in my own kitchen using fresh fenugreek leaves from my garden.
- Ground meat-1 lb
- Salt- to taste
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red pepper powder-1 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste-1 tbs
- Oil-1 tbs
- Onions-1 medium sliced
- Fresh fenugreek leaves-2 cups, washed and chopped
1. Heat oil in a pot and add the all the ingredients and mix.
2. Cook on high heat for 10 minutes.
3. Mix and reduce the heat and cook for another 5 minutes until the onions become soft.
4. Increase the heat and stir again until oil seperates from the ground meat.
5. Turn off the heat and transfer it to a serving bowl.