Methi Qeema (Ground meat with Frenugreek Leaves)

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Everyone cooks food but certain things, only certain people can cook best. Myself and my brothers A and M still  remember the taste of this methi qeema we ate as kids at somebody's home, where an elderly  lady had affectionately cooked and prepared lunch for us when we paid them  a surprise visit. Later when we grew older and asked Mom about the curry we ate at their home, Mom mentioned that she had cooked the ground meat in Saffola Oil. Although, I did not use saffola oil, I recreated  the same memories an taste in my own kitchen using fresh fenugreek leaves from my garden.

Ingredients:

  • Ground meat-1 lb
  • Salt- to taste
  • Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
  • Red pepper powder-1 tsp
  • Ginger-garlic paste-1 tbs
  • Oil-1 tbs
  • Onions-1  medium sliced
  • Fresh fenugreek leaves-2 cups, washed and chopped
Directions: 


1. Heat oil in a pot and add the all the ingredients and mix.

2. Cook on high heat for 10 minutes.

3. Mix and reduce the heat and cook for another 5 minutes until the onions become soft.

4. Increase the heat and stir again until oil seperates from the ground meat.

5. Turn off the heat and transfer it to a serving bowl.

6. Enjoy!









3 comments:

  1. Your methi looks lovely and qeema looks delicious. My parents are big on adding methi to a lot of curries they make. I like how yummy a dish turns out when methi is added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mashallah it looks delicious, I love using Methi.. i get my husband to bring me dried Methi leaves when he goes back to the UK... maybe I should think about growing some?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog. Saw many recipes that are just too good.
    This keema methi caught my attention in a big way :-) I love both of them and yet never tried them together. Now that methi is not in season here, I would have to wait till I get them fresh Kasoori methi wouldn't be fun.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.