Khagina

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Khagina is an Indian version of the Western scrambled eggs cooked with sautéed onions and some spices and fresh herbs. It is mostly served for breakfast and since I am not a savory breakfast eater and prefer something sweet not too sweet, I serve this for dinner or lunch and sometimes make it on unplanned days:)

Ingredients:

  • Eggs-4 large
  • Onions-2 medium, sliced
  • salt- to taste
  • Turmeric powder-1 tsp
  • Green peppers-3-4
  • Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tsp
  • Oil-1-2 tbs
  • Cilantro-1 tbs, chopped

Directions:

1. Heat oil in a pot and saute the onions until they turn translucent.

2.Add ginger-garlic paste, and fry it for a brief minute and add the green peppers.

3. Add salt, turmeric powder, and the fresh cilantro and mix.

4. Crack all the eggs into a bowl and pour them on the sauteed onions and cover the pot with a lid and reduce the heat to a medium.

5. Cook for four minutes and then uncover the lid and stir gently to mix the eggs and onions.

5. Reduce the heat to the lowest and cook for a minute and turn off the stove.

6. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot.

7. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. My mother-in-law makes delicious khichdi and khagina. Yours looks appetizing. Easy and nutritious!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.