Khagina is an Indian version of the Western scrambled eggs cooked with sautéed onions and some spices and fresh herbs. It is mostly served for breakfast and since I am not a savory breakfast eater and prefer something
- Eggs-4 large
- Onions-2 medium, sliced
- salt- to taste
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Green peppers-3-4
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Oil-1-2 tbs
- Cilantro-1 tbs, chopped
1. Heat oil in a pot and saute the onions until they turn translucent.
2.Add ginger-garlic paste, and fry it for a brief minute and add the green peppers.
3. Add salt, turmeric powder, and the fresh cilantro and mix.
4. Crack all the eggs into a bowl and pour them on the sauteed onions and cover the pot with a lid and reduce the heat to a medium.
5. Cook for four minutes and then uncover the lid and stir gently to mix the eggs and onions.
5. Reduce the heat to the lowest and cook for a minute and turn off the stove.
6. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot.