I have been very busy lately. I can hardly think and dig memories of childhoo and write about anything that I hold dear to my heart. All I have today is a very simple and easy recipe for Kadai Chicken. It took the least amount of time to cook and I was very happy with the result. I have adapted this recipe from www.desicookbook.com. This web site has helped me a lot in my initial years of cooking. It was a time when there were not many cooking blogs.
- Chicken-1 whole, cut up
- Salt-to taste
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red pepper powder
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tbs
- Oil-1-2 tbs
- Onions-1 large, chopped
- Tomatoes-3 , without skin, chopped
1. Clean and wash the chicken and pat dry.
2. Apply ginger-garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder and red pepper powder to the pieces of chicken and set aside for fifteen minutes.
3. Heat oil in a pot and add the chicken to it and saute until it changes color.
4.Add the chopped tomatoes, green pepper and chopped onions and mix well.
5.Cover the pot with a lid and cook on high heat until the tomatoes get mushy and the onions get soft.
6. Reduce the heat to a medium and give it a stir carefully and let it cook for 10 minutes.
7.When you see the gravy has become thicker and the oil is floating on top, turn off the stove.
8.Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with cilantro leaves.