Kadai Chicken


Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I have been very busy lately. I can hardly think and dig memories of childhoo and write about anything that I hold dear to my heart. All I have today is a very simple and easy recipe for Kadai Chicken.  It took the least amount of time to cook and I was very happy with the result. I have adapted this recipe from www.desicookbook.com. This web site has helped me a lot in my initial years of cooking. It was a time when there were not many cooking blogs.


Ingredients:
  • Chicken-1 whole, cut up
  • Salt-to taste
  • Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
  • Red pepper powder
  • Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tbs
  • Oil-1-2 tbs
  • Onions-1 large, chopped
  • Tomatoes-3 , without skin, chopped
 Directions: 

1. Clean and wash the chicken and pat dry.
2. Apply ginger-garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder and red pepper powder to the pieces of chicken and set aside for fifteen minutes.
3. Heat oil in a pot and add the chicken to it and saute until it changes color.
4.Add the chopped tomatoes, green pepper and chopped onions and mix well.
5.Cover the pot with a lid and cook on high heat until the tomatoes get mushy and the onions get soft.
6. Reduce the heat to a medium and give it a stir carefully and let it cook for 10 minutes.
7.When you see the gravy has become thicker and the oil is floating on top, turn off the stove.
8.Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with cilantro leaves.
9.Enjoy!

    3 comments:

    1. Looks tempting!

      Sometimes the simplest of ingredients make very drool-worthy dishes.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks for your comment:)

        Very well said!

        Delete
    2. What size tomatoes? 3 romas or 3 large tomatoes? Also, you didn't mention green chilies (or how many) in the ingredient list. Can you please update the recipe? I'm trying this right now and am experienced enough to come up with my own quantities, but others may want specifics. Jazakillah khair!

      ReplyDelete

    I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.