Broiled Salmon

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

A picture is worth a thousand words. I mean, any fish-lover can tell this must have tasted really good. It was crispy on the outside, had the best tasting skin, and was just cooked right. This happens to be a recipe of the most efficient and creative person I know, who can whip up something awesome with the most simple ingredients. I mean he follows his instincts and not the book and is confident about the results he wants to achieve, thus proving men are better cooks than women- my husband!

After he came back from the grocery store with fresh, wild caught sockeye salmon, I just had to wash the fish and pat dry and within minutes, dinner was ready. He used minimal ingredients and used a technique I never heard of before or saw him use it in years of marriage. He steamed and broiled the fillets of salmon at the same time, reducing the cooking time to almost half. Here's what he did..,

Ingredients:

Salmon fillets - 1 lb, cut into two pieces ( wild caught, washed and patted dry)
Salt-to taste(coarse)
Peppercorns-to taste(coarse)
Oil-a couple teaspoons
Water1-2 cups
Aluminum foil-as required

Directions:

1.Set the oven on broiler on high.

2.Take a big and deep baking tray and pour water into it.

3. Secure the top of the tray with an aluminum foil tightly and prick holes with a toothpick all over the foil to allow the fish to get steamed.

3. Brush the foil on the top with some oil.

4. Place the fillets with skin down on the foil.

 5. Sprinkle salt and pepper and set the baking tray on the top rack
and let broil for ten minutes.

6. Broil until you see the top of the fish turning crispy and the skin side getting steamed.

7. When done, turn the oven off and transfer gently to a serving platter and serve hot!

Enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. It's a good idea to steam it b/c salmon is notorious for becoming dry and tough easily.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.