Beet Cake

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

If you dare to experiment, there are unlimited ways to create  totally new things with old recipes. Today, I added two cups of raw, grated beets to my old recipe of plain cake, and made a decadent Beet Cake. It was similar to my Carrot Cake but, with a a different hue and taste. I added just one cup of sugar as I like my desserts to be less sweet. You may add a bit more of it if you prefer it sweeter. Next time, I would also add some black currants.

Ingredients:

All purpose flour- 1 1/2 cups
Whole wheat flour-1/2 cup
Salt-a pinch
Baking Powder-1 tsp
Sugar-1 cup
Raw grated beets-2 cups
Sun flower oil-1 cup
Rose essence-1 tsp
Eggs-4 large, organic
Coconut powder-1 tbs

Directions:

1. Pre-heat  the oven to a 400 deg F.

2. Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder a couple of times and set aside.

3. Beat eggs until frothy.

4. Add oil to the eggs and mix.

5. Add sugar to this mixture and mix.

6. Add the flour mixture a little at a time and mix well.

7. Slowly add the grated beets and mix well.

8. Grease a cake pan and pour the batter in and bake for 25 minutes.

9. Do a skewer test and if the skewer comes out clean, Turn off the oven and immediately pull out the pan and set aside for 10 mins to cool.

10. Sprinkle some coconut powder and cut into slices and serve.

11. Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Wow this is a smart way to include beets in food.. my dad makes salad with raw beets and as a kid I despised beets, but now i always make a point to eat them knowing their health benefits. I would love to give this a try. Thanks for sharing this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking cake, sounds different & tasty!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.