Baigan Ka Bhurta

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem


Baigan Ka Bhurta is a mashed mixture of fire roasted Eggplant, mixed with onions and seasoned with spices and fresh herbs. It is best served with plain roti.



Mom makes it slightly differently, while I add a few more ingredients that makes it taste completely different.  She actually like my version better than hers:)





Ingredients:

Eggplant-1 big one
Salt-to taste
Red pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Onions-1 medium ( cut in half moons)
Fresh cilantro -1/4 cup
Carom seeds (ajwain) -1/4 tsp
Black seeds (kalonji)-1/2 tsp
Olive oil-1 tbs

Directions:

1 .Roast the eggplant  all over, over an open flame, until its skin gets charred and it becomes softer.
2. When done turn off the stove and let it cool.
3. When cooler, carefully peel off the skin and discard it.
4. Mash up the eggplant until all the fiber breaks down.
5. Mix in the onions, salt, red pepper powder, ground black seed and carom seed powder and the  fresh cilantro.
6. Mix all the ingredients together and transfer to a serving plate.
7. Drizzle olive oil and serve right away. Enjoy









2 comments:

  1. Salam,
    What a unique way to make baigan ka bhurta. I would love to try out this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love baigan ka bhurta! I also add curry leaves, and towards the end, I add a little tamarind paste and ground peanuts (about a tablespoon), and then lots of chopped coriander leaves. I can eat this everyday!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.