Saffron flavored Almond Milk

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

This flavorful drink is made from ground almonds and flavored with rose essence. It can be served cold on a hot day or served hot on a cold day. Choice is yours but the result is pure bliss. This is slightly adapted from vahrehvah.com and like always, tweaked to suit my taste.

Ingredients:

almonds-25-30(soaked overnight and ground to a fine paste)
sugar or honey- to taste
rose essence-a few drops
cow milk-1/2 a gallon
saffron-1/2 tsp

Directions: Bring the milk to a rolling boil. Reduce the heat and add the almond paste, sugar or honey to taste and stir. Save a few strands of the saffron to garnish and put the rest of it into the boiling milk and let boil for a few minutes. When the saffron gets dissolved and the milk turns a nice light yellow in color, turn off the stove and add the rose essence. Let the milk cool completely and chill before you pour into serving glasses. Garnish with a few strands of saffron and serve. Enjoy!





9 comments:

  1. mashallah it looks so delicious and refreshing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious!! I am sure it tastes delicious too (-; What brand of Almond Paste do you recommend from a US grocery store?

    Another question - any harm in adding whey protein powder to this drink? don't worry if you don't have answer to this. Just a typical protein junkie question (-;

    Thank You again for your wonderful recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks WhiteRose for dropping by, do visit again:)

      I have not found almond paste at any Grocery Store yet, I have only seen milk(Silk). I find the best almonds at the Indian Grocery Stores and I soak them and make the paste myself.


      Also, adding whey protein powder sounds like a great idea., you get all the goodness in one cup ya?

      Delete
  3. ah, sounds like making the almond paste from scratch is fun! Will be trying this as soon as I get my hands on some raw almonds.

    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a great summer drink and cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never tried almond milk before but was always curios to try it. I love your use of saffron in it, it looks so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Refresher....
    bangalorewithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a very wholesome drink. I would love to try it out

    ReplyDelete
  8. This recipe looks sooo good. I'm going to give it a try this weekend when my friends are visiting. I'm sure they will all love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.