Raw Banana Chips



Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I must have made these chips and also ate them after a decade and more. There are certain things that taste best when Mom makes them. I mean she doesn't even use any measuring cups or spoons and what she cooks turns out perfect. Raw bananas are something I never thought of working with but, I laid my hands on them at the Grocery Store and immediately called Mom and among the numerous things I discuss with her, ask her opinion about, I remembered to ask her for the recipe and while she was telling me what goes into these healthy chips, I quickly pulled out the ingredients and after I hung up, quickly fried them. They came out just as good as Mom-made ones. 

Ingredients:

Raw bananas:2
Salt- to taste
Red pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Rice flour-1 tbs
Oil-2 tbs
Asafoetida-1/4 tsp

Method: Peel the raw bananas and use a slicer and slice them into thin slices. Sprinkle salt, turmeric powder, red pepper powder, asafoetida and set aside for five minutes. Now, sprinkle the rice flour and give them a toss to coat the mixture well. Heat a tbs of oil in a skillet,gently place the banana chips onto the skillet and reduce the heat to a medium. Put a drop of oil on each chip and after a few minutes, flip each chip separately and cook on the other side until they become crisp and turn golden brown in color. Remove onto a serving plate and serve hot. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.