Potato Fritters


 Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I do not make many deep-fried snacks but, indulging in them once in a while is actually not so bad:)
Nothing can beat a plate of potato fritters along with a cup of hot tea o a rainy day. Spring is almost here, and  the Spring Showers brought back the colder temperatures here in Dallas and I made these fritters and served them to the family and sat by the fire place to warm up one more time before the weather warms back up in an day or two:)



Ingredients:

Chickpea flour-1 cup
Potatoes-3 small, peeled and thinly sliced.
Salt-to taste
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Baking powder-1 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
Oil-3 cups or good enough to deep fry
Water-1 -2 cups

Directions:

1.In a bowl, put the chickpea flour, salt, turmeric powder, pepper powder, ginger-garlic paste and combine to mix well.

2. Pour water and make a batter of semi-thick consistency and set aside for 10 minutes(It should not be too runny and not too thick).

3.Heat oil in a pan and drop a drop of the batter to  check if the oil is hot enough. If the drop of batter  rises up to the surface right away, the oil is ready for the fritters.

4. Begin by dipping each slice of potato in the batter and slowly slide  it into the oil.

5. Continue with the rest of the slices and flip each fritter and fry until the fritters turn crispy and turn  to a beautiful reddish, golden color. Remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel and after the towel soaks up the extra oil, transfer them to a serving plate and serve with ketchup. Enjoy!

I am linking this recipe to http://www.simplysensationalfood.com/2012/03/announcing-event-lets-cook-speedy.html

7 comments:

  1. It's tea time now and I'm ready to join you for those yummy potato fritters :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be a good company with those fritters, seriously:)

      Delete
  2. Yummy Yummy........iam sure this aloo chips tastes simply superb....Going 2 try this soon......
    Maha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank for your comment Maha, do try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh my, these are amazing... I don't think that chickpea flour is available here... is there a replacement? (When I saw the post the first time quickly I was really hoping I could try them, because they look so delicious!)


    --fatisrecipes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fati, you must find the chickpea flour at the Indian grocery stores. It also goes by the name"besan. You can replace it with all purpose flour but, the result with not even be close. Besan has this very nice nutty flavor and fluffs up to be light and airy, with the addition of baking powder.

      Delete
    2. Oh my god! I found them! Oh sweeeeeet! I'm so making these now that I've bought the flour....... a year later! :D

      --fati's recipes

      Delete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.