Phyllo Custard Cups



Bismillahir  Rahmanir Raheem

Alhamdulillah, it feels so good to be back to blogging regularly, once again. It actually feels nicer to try something new and it turns out to be very successful. Since I am already, always pressed for time and can't keep a track of how time is flying, I don't bother myself to make complicated desserts, which require a lot of focus and time. Also, I don't like desserts that are overly-sweet and butter-laden, and rather prefer those that have a hint of sweetness and are delicate in taste.  You can actually make the phyllo cups a day in advance and serve the custard in cups  just before serving. 

For those of you who are short on time and want to create wonders in you kitchen, in the shortest amount of time, give this dessert a try. 


I had bought this package of Phyllo dough sometime back with the intention of making my own Baklava. But, I ended up making this extremely easy, crispy, flaky dessert, filled with silky-smooth custard on the inside, topped with fresh fruit and a ball of jello. 

Ingredients:

Phyllo Sheets:8, thawed and at room temperature
Olive oil-1/2 cup, for brushing
Custard-2 cups, (I made it from the boxed mix)
Jello-1 small bow(I made it from the boxed mix)
Fresh fruits-1 cup(I used kiwis)
Mint leaves-to garnish

Method: Pre-heat the oven at a 350 deg F. Grease a muffin tin and set aside. Pull out  two phyllo sheets and place them on a flat surface, while keeping the unused sheets covered with a damp kitchen towel. Brush the sheets with olive oil and cut it into nine rectangular pieces. Take each rectangular piece( that has two sheets) and press them gently down into the muffin cup. Repeat with three more pieces and tuck them on the edges. Continue until all the cups are done with eight sheets in all and four rectangular pieces in each cup. Put the tin inside the oven and bake for fifteen minutes or until the cups have turned golden brown. When done, immediately remove the tin and carefully pick up the cups and let them cool completely. When ready to serve, use an ice-cream scoop and scoop out a cup of custard into the cup and use a melon- baller and scoop out a small ball of jello and place it on the custard, in the center. Put pieces of fruit around the ball and place fresh mint leaves on the ball. Serve immediately. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This reminds of phyllo shells I bought a while ago, but never got around to using them. Your cups look wonderful. Now I have a recipe I could try. The really nice thing about these cups is that one could use them to make appetizers too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.