Orange-Mango Smoothie



Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Spring in Dallas, can feel like Summer in India with hot temperatures during the day, showers of rain sometimes and it also gets pleasant and breezy sometimes.  This made me feel like reaching for something cold and nice., thick and juicy and so, I went straight ahead and grabbed some mangoes and made my favorite Orange-Smoothie.

Ingredients:

Mangoes-3, peeled and cut into cubes
Orange juice-1 cup, freshly squeezed
Cardamom powder-1 tsp
sugar-1 tsp or (honey to taste)
fresh mint leaves- a few

Directions: Blend together the chopped mangoes along with the orange juice, sugar and cardamom powder until smooth and frothy. Pour into a serving glass and garnish with some cardamom powder and mint leaves. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks delicious! I like the cardamom added to it... I'm thinking of cinnamon, too, instead of the cardamom (but maybe that's just because I eat it out of the jar!)

    --fatisrecipes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really yummy Fati. I love the cardamom flavor in fruit based drinks and cinnamon in baked ones. What do you say?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am still waiting for ripe mangoes here..... cardamom goes very well with mangoes. but i am not sure how the orange juice tastes with the mangoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dassana, it is not even Summer yet and I could get the sweetest mangoes. The oranges are still sweet and the taste of orange was not felt at all except a hint of citrusy flavor. I added the oranges just for the benefit of it.

      Delete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.