Moong Daal Khichdi-2

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

This is the way my Mom makes the Khichdi and it tastes heavenly, trust me.  She leaves out the turmeric and mint leaves and makes a big difference in the way it looks and tastes. 

Ingredients:

rice-3 cups(washed and soaked for 1/2 hour)
moong daal-1 cup( dry roasted and soaked)
salt- to taste
whole spices-4 each(cloves, cardamom, cinnamon)
oil-2 tbs
green pepper-4
cilantro-a handful
water-7 cups
onions-1/2 thinly sliced

Directions: Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pot, pop in the whole spices and wait for a brief second. Add the onions and saute until they turn golden brown. Drain the rice and the moong daal and put it in the pot and stir fry until they become glossy. Pour the water along with the salt and the chopped cilantro and cook on high heat until most of the wter gets absorbed. Reduce the heat to a medium and cook with a tightly fitted lid for 7-8 minutes. If you see the staem escape from the lid, its time to turn off the stove. Serve hot. Enjoy!




3 comments:

  1. ...englighten me... what's moong daal? This looks amazing!

    --fatisrecipes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fati dear, moong daal is the skinned, split and yellow mung bean.

      Delete
    2. Aaah! Jazaki Allah! I love to learn new thing :)

      Delete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.