Minty Eggplant Curry

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Hmm, so you guys thought I gave up blogging? Nuh-uh, it's just that my laptop crashed a few days ago. To add to it, my toddler smashed my iPhone and left me without an access to my blog. I had to wait for a long time to set my hands on the iPad, figure out how to upload the pics and write this recipe.

Eggplants are very versatile and can be cooked in many different ways to complete any humble meal or a fancy one. Here's one easy yet delicious curry you can make with a lot of fresh mint leaves. This can best be served on the side with roti or plain boiled rice and daal.

Ingredients:

Eggplants: 5 small, (washed, cut and soaked in salted water until they get tossed into the pot).
Onions: 1, small, finely sliced
Tomatoes: two medium, cubed
Fresh mint leaves-1/2 cup
Salt- to taste
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Red pepper powder-1 tsp
Oil-1-1/2 tbs
Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tsp

Method: heat oil in a pot and add the onions and sauté them until they turn golden brown. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry until it turns browner. Put the cubed tomatoes and cook until they get mushy. Toss in the eggplants along with the mint leaves and cook on high heat until the eggplants get soft and you see a thick gravy. Reduce the heat at this point to a low and cover the pot with a lid. After five minutes, turn the stove off and transfer to a serving bowl. enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. As salaamu alaikum! 'Eid Mubarak! I made this one for the second time tonight, and it was just gorgeous, masha Allah. I was in a hurry, so I added a bit of water in order to keep it on a high heat and steam it. Definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.