Grated Mango Chutney



Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Mangoes bring back a lot of childhood memories for me. Raw mangoes remind me of the careless, blissful visits to and stay at our Grandparent's home which is surrounded by Mango trees that were laden with more mangoes than leaves. Ripe Mangoes bring back the memories of the BEST mangoes dad bought home almost every other day on his way back from work all through Summer.

When I bought raw mangoes from the Indian Store here, I wanted to make something different and a quick search led me to a Blog full of South Indian recipes. That is at www.shadruchulu.com. I was amazed at how a few simple ingredients and a few simple steps can
Make a lip-smacking chutney in minutes. Here's how I made it.,

Ingredients:

Mangoes-2, pelled and grated
Salt- to taste
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Red pepper powder-1 tsp
Oil-1 tbs
Asafetida-1/4 spoon
Dry red chillies-4-5
Urad daal-1 tsp
Mustard seeds-1 tsp


Directions:

1.Heat oil in a pan and pop in  the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafoetida.

2.When the seeds crackle, put the red chillies and saute briefly.

3.Add the urad daal stir until they turn brown.

4.Then tip in the grated mango along with salt, turmeric powder, pepper powder and cook on high heat for five minutes.

5.Once  the grated mango becomes softer and all the ingredients come to get her, turn off the stove and transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. loved this recepie..keeep up the good work

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.