Egg in a Basket





Bismillair Rahmanir Raheem

If there's any "one" thing I can eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner, it is bread and eggs.,  cooked in any way.  I have literally grown eating this, as I was the most famous picky-eater. Now I realize how much trouble it has caused my Mom. The good thing about being picky, however was, I  learnt to love eggs. In my quest to learn things on the web, I found this is a very fancy and cool way of eating bread and eggs for breakfast and this is my simplified version of the recipe.

Ingredients:

Bread-1 slice
Oil-1-2 tsp
Egg-1organic

Directions: Cut out a round piece in the center of the bread using a cookie-cutter or a knife. Heat a pan and spread oil on it and lay the bread with the hole flat on the pan. Crack the egg and pour out the egg in the hole. Reduce the heat and cook until the bottom of the slice is cooked. Drizzle the remaining tsp of  the oil on the slice of bread facing up, and make sure you are able to move the slice around in the pan.  If you are able to slide it, then, slowly and carefully flip the bread quickly making sure the egg doesn't fall out. Cook on the other side for a brief minute and quickly transfer to a serving plate. This will let the  yolk  remain runny. If you don't like it runny, cook a little bit longer. Serve hot. Enjoy!
 

I am linking this to a Blog Event on www.tasteofpearlcity.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. That's so cute and a lovely presentation too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is darling. I've tried it once before bbq'ed but I think I want to give this recipe a go (I don't know what was up with the one I tried, but I didn't really like it!) Love how you've dished up the mandarin :) Chocolate to go in the middle, you think?

    --fatisrecipes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fati, do try it and its such a breeze:)

      Delete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.