Cumin Flavored Potatoes




Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Potato-lovers will drool over this post. I have a brother(A)who loved potatoes a s a child and he still loves them as an adult. My friends can eat potatoes every single day, actually all day! Infact, I haven't met anyone yet, who does not like potatoes. I love them too but, cook them only when I refuse want to cook anything else, as I know they don't require any extra effort and get cooked in minutes. These potatoes are guaranteed to finish even before you finish you finish your food. Try them and let me know what you think. Here's how I cooked them today...,

Ingredients:

Potatoes-6 small( washed and sliced thinly)
Salt-to taste
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Red pepper powder-1 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
Oil-2 tbs
Cumin seeds-1 1/2 tsp

Method: Heat oil in a pot and put the cumin seeds and wait for them to turn darker in color. Carefully slide the potato slices in and add the salt, pepper powder, turmeric powder and ginger-garlic paste. Use a wooden spoon and slowly stir to coat the pieces with the seasonings. Cook on high heat while flipping the slices until they get cooked and turn golden brown in color. Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I think if I can't find chickpea four (or an alternate for it) I'll go with these instead! :D

    --fatisrecipes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love potatoes and this version looks easy to prepare. i usually just add potatoes in combination with cauliflower or methi or beans. very rarely we have plain potatoes except when making aloo poori or jeera aloo.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.