Chicken in Tomato Gravy



Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem


Today was a day, my mind refused to even think about cooking. It is mostly because cooking means ..,cooking, washing the dishes, feeding and serving and washing the dishes, one more time! Gone are the days when I was younger and took pride in being Mommy's helper in the Kitchen and thought the washing the dishes and cleaning were the maid's responsibilities:) Being a Mommy calls for a lot more than one can imagine. So, I dragged myself to the Kitchen and pulled out some boneless Chicken from the freezer and whipped up some yummy curry in a thic tomato gravy in minutes. Once I was done, it never felt like I was not will to cook in the first place.

Ingredients:

Boneless Chicken Breasts: 2, cut into small cubes
Salt-to taste
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Red pepper powder-1 tsp
Tomatoes-3 medium sized, cubed
Onion-1/2, sliced
Green pepper-4-5, cut
Ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
Yogurt-1/2 cup
Oil-2 tbs
Mint leaves- to garnish

Method: In a bowl, put the chicken cubes, ginger-garlic paste, salt, pepper powder, turmeric powder and set it aside for fifteen minutes. Grind together tomatoes, onions and green peppers until smooth and set aside. Heat a tbs of oil and fry the chicken cubes until they let out the juice and also start to dry up. Remove with a spoon and set aside. Add one more tbs of oil and put in the ground tomato mixture and stir for a minute or two. Add the chicken cubes and cook on high flame for 10 minutes or until the gravy becomes thicker. Reduce the heat to a low for five minutes. Turn off the stove, transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.