Carrot Cake

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

You wanna eat your vegetables and the dessert also for dinner? Bake this cake and eat it too and you would have eaten both:)



I had baked a beet cake two days ago but it vanished even before I could take pics for the Blog.
I baked this cake with a purée of steamed carrots and added powdered nutmeg instead of the regular essences. Vegetables oil replaced the butter, making the cake moist and light. Do try my recipe when you bring home some carrots next time. You will be glad you did.



Ingredients:

unbleached all purpose flour-1 cup
salt-1/4 tsp
cream of tartar-1/2 tsp
baking soda-1/4 tsp
vegetable oil-1/2 cup
eggs-2, at room temperature
sugar-3/4 cup
(steamed)carrot purée -1 cup
nutmeg powder-1 tsp
raisins-a handful

Directions: Preheat the oven to a 350 deg F. Grease a baking pan and set aside. In a food processor, beat the eggs and the powdered nutmeg until frothy. Through the chute, while the food processor is running, pour in the oil, sugar, carrot purée and finally the flour with a brief gap between each ingredient. When all the ingredients come together and the batter turns smooth, pour it into the greased pan and slowly places the raisins on the batter Put the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 30-45 minutes until the top cake turns a golden brown. Stick a toothpick into the cake and if it comes out clean, turn off the oven and remove the pan and let it sit on the kitchen counter for ten minutes to cool. When cooled, invert the pan and gently tap the pan to get the cake off of the pan. Cut into pieces and indulge! Enjoy!





9 comments:

  1. This looks delightful and something I could make for my family this weekend. So, thank you for the recipe and I will give it a try.

    Grandma Kat
    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am honored by your visit and comment, Grandma Kat! Thank you:)

      Delete
  2. WoW!! Simple yet delightful. Looks amazing. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks really delicious n very new also....loved it....
    Maha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Your carrot cake looks wonderful!! Love the version of a cooked carrot puree... and nutmeg. I'm thinking this tastes delicious and moist. Would love to try it.
    P.S. You have some wonderful and unique recipes on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. see you made the perfect cake. it has come out so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dassana, I am making progress., slowly. Thanks for telling:)

      Delete
  6. Fantastic looking cake! I’m sure it tastes as good as it looks!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.