Andhra Chicken Curry

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Spring Break slipped out of hands, even before I started to make good use of it. Other than Blogging, I did not achieve much. However, I am enjoying my Blog a lot. I love to read the wonderful comments from fellow-bloggers, explore new Blogs and learn new things each day and it has been a rewarding experience.

Today, I made a different and awesome Chicken Curry I never made before. It has been adapted from Vahrehvah.com . This lip-smacking curry involves fire-roasting two ingredients,  the whole chicken (with skin on) and the dry coconut. This imparts a smokey flavor to the curry and the gravy is a rich culmination of a number of flavors,while no  ingredient overpowers the other.

Ingredients:

Chicken- 1 whole ( with skin on)
salt-to taste
turmeric powder-1 tsp
red pepper powder-1 tsp
green peppers-3-4
curry leaves-8
oil-2 tbs
onions-1, sliced
ginger-garlic paste-1 tbs
dry coconut-1/2
poppy seeds-1 tbs(dry roasted)
cumin seeds-1 tsp
whole spices-4 each(clove, cinnamon, cardamom)
water-1-2 cups
fresh cilantro leaves -to garnish

Directions: Wash and pat dry the chicken and rub  1/2 tsp of turmeric powder over the skin. Carefully roast the chicken over an open fire until you see specks on the skin. Cut into pieces of desired sized pieces and set aside. Roast the dry coconut over the flame until it gets roasted evenly and does get some charred spots. Cut it into small pieces and grind it along with the poppy seeds until it becomes a smooth paste. Heat oil in a pan and pop in the whole spices and fry until they turn slightly dark. Put in the onions and saute them until they turn golden brown. Add the ginger-garlic paste, chopped green peppers, curry leaves, cumin seeds, and stir. Put the ground coconut paste and fry until the mixture gets fried and seperates from oil. At this point, add the chicken pieces along with salt, pepper powder, and add water and cook on high heat for 6-8 minutes. Stir gently and reduce heat to a medium and cook until oil floats on top. Turn off the stove, transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot. Enjoy!




3 comments:

  1. This looks really delicious! I'm assuming you guys eat it with that amazing cumin rice you posted?

    --fatisrecipes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Fati, you guessed it right, I had served this chicken with the cumin rice.

      Delete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.