Bird's Nest

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

I have to confess, this dessert is the best "dessert" on my Blog. By the will of Allah, if I had not visited this beautiful post of this amazing blogger at www.fatisrecipes.wordpress.com I would never have thought I could have made these cute little nests. I never try difficult looking recipes until I am confident of making them, just to save myself from disappointment with my own skills. But, the clear-cut instructions on how to make it and step-by-step pictures Fati has on her blog, gave me instant confidence and I aaccomplished the task! Thank you Fati:)

These nests are very delicate, crunchy, sweet and fragrant, all at one time with a nutty bite in the center. Try them and you will be pleased with the result bi-iznillah.

Ingredients:

for the nests...,

Shredded Phyllo dough-1 package, at room temperature
butter-1 stick, melted
pistachios-100 in number(soaked for an hour)

for the syrup..,

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
rose essence-4-5 drops
lemon juice-1 tsp

Method: Begin by pre-heating the oven at a 350 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet and set aside. In a large plate, pour out the phyllo dough and pour the melted butter and toss the strands around to coat the butter evenly. Grab a few strands of the dough and wrap them aroung the index finger to make the nest of desired shape and slowly place the tip of your finger  on the baking sheet and slide out the finger leaving the nest on the sheet. Place two pistachios inside the nest and press down lightly to secure them in. Repeat until you are done with the dough. I made 52 nests with one package of the dough. You may increase or decrease the amount of the dough as per your choice. Now, pop the baking sheet into the oven and bake the nests until they turn golden brown

To make the syrup, bring the water and sugar to a boil while stirring. When the liquid turns into one clear liquid, let it simmer for 5 minutes. Turn the stove off and add the lemon juice and the rose essence. Let it cool to a room temperature.

As soon as the nests turn brown, remove the baking sheet from the oven and immediately pour 1 tsp of the syryp per nest. Let it cool before serving. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Salaams sis! It's fati from fati's recipes! I'm SO glad you've made these, they look fantastic... Glad to see the pistachios didn't brown like mine, seems like the soaking did it's job well :D

    Thrilled to have read about your experience... take care darling... xoxo

    fi amaanillah :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.