Triangular cakes

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Today, I made some cakes in a sandwich maker! Yes, you read that right, not baked them  in an oven but made them in a sandwich maker! I would have never though about it if I had not followed a creative blogger, Ambreen who has a galore of creative and easy recipes at http://simplysweetnsavory.blogspot.com/. Each batch of cakes took me a minute and a half only to make. I have made just a few changes to the original recipe but, the result was one melt-in-the- mouth beauties.Anybody who doesnot have an access to an oven like in any western kitchen, but has a sandwich maker can make them with ease insha Allah.


Ingredients:

All purpose flour-2 cups
sugar-1 cup
salt-1/2 tsp
baking powder-1 tsp
oil-1 cup
eggs-4
rose essence-1 tsp
powdered  sugar-for dusting


Method: Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder and set aside. Whisk eggs until they become frothy. To the eggs add the essence, the oil and sugar and mix well. To this mixture, slowly add the sifted flour and mix until you get a thick and smooth batter, like that of a pancake batter. Grease the sandwich maker well and pour a tablespoon full of batter in each triangle and make sure it doesnot overflow. Close the lid and slowly lift to check the color. If it is still light brown,  close the lid, wait for a few seconds and check again. Once they turn brown, do stick in a tooth pick and if it comes out clean, remove them slowly and arrange them on a serving plate. Dust some powdered sugar on the triangles and serve hot. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. my aunt makes like this in the sandwich maker with a batter a little different this looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for trying it out! I'm delighted to hear that you liked it. Yours turned out fantastic! Thank you so much for appreciating my work. Really nice of you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.