Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
Lauki (squash or bottle gourd) is a very simple vegetable and cooks very fast. It has a very soft flesh and is very bland and can be made into savory curries and can be made fancy dessert. This is one of the versions of a dry currywhich is very delicious and can be served with warm parathas or on the side with plain white rice and lentil soup.
Lauki -2 cups (peeled deseeded and cut into cubes)
Tomatoes-1 cut into small cubes
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste-1 tsp
1.Heat oil in a pot and pop in the cumin seeds.
2. When the cumin seeds sizzle, add the onions and saute them until they turn brown.
3. Put the ginger-garlic paste in and stir until it turns golden.
4. Add the cubed tomatoes and cook until they become soft and pulpy.
5. Put the cubed squash in, stir and reduce the heat to a medium.
6. Cook until the squash gets cooked but the pieces still remain firm.
7. When done, turn the stove off and transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped cilantro.