Fruit Salad

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Apologies my dear readers for missing in action. There has been a lot going on at my end and this is the first time I could seriously set my hands on my Computer and post this recipe, after a long time. I have'nt been cooking a whole lot lately and moreso, anything new! However, I promise I shall share with you recipes more frequently from now on insha Allah.

Winter here in Dallas has been the mildest ever and I am actually seeing signs of Spring  everywhere. Spring and Summer are my favourite seasons to indulge in  a lot of fresh vegetables and fruits.

Today, I shall share with you one of my favourite salads I ever made. Its a great medley of fresh, tropical fruits with vibrant colors and a sweet and sour punch from a home-made dressing. I recently made this salad at a Luncheon we hosted at my home. The salad vanished from the bowl faster than hot cakes straight from the oven! Even the smallest child enjoyed it to the fullest and asked for more. What more can you ask for than a child asking for more fruits and vegetables.

Ingredients:

Mango-1 large, cut into small cubes
kiwis-3, pelled and cut into small pieces
tomatoes-3, deseeded and cut into small cubes
jalapenos-2, deseeded and cut into cubes
cilantro-1/2 a cup,washed and chopped roughly
cucumber-2, peeled and cut into small pieces

for the dressing..,

lemon juice-1 tbs
sugar-1 tsp
salt- to taste
olive oil-1 tbs

Method: Mix all the ingredients listed under the dressing and set aside. Put  all the fruits into a bowl and toss well to mix and drizzle the dressing and serve. Enjoy!

P.S: Add any fruit of your choice to make this salad, because the possibilities are endless. Share with me your choice of fruits and variations of your version of the fruit salad.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.