Curried Roti

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

This is the first time I made dish, which is a curry and bread in one place, hence the name :) curried bread. I am sure people from all parts of India have their version of this dish. But, today I have adapted a recipe from another amazing Hyderabadi Blogger, Anjum of www.anjumsrasoi.blogspot.com. The result was one gooey goodness. There are days when I am in a hurry and mix up all I have to eat in one place and gobble it up even without caring for what it tastes like. This curried bread is exactly that., bread soaked in a wholesome meat gravy with the tartness from the yogurt, fragrance from the fresh herbs all in one place. Do check out Anjums's Blog for authentic Hyderabadi recipes. People make it from left-over Indian bread, but I have used fresh ones.



Ingredients:

lamb meat-1/2 pound,  fat trimmed, cut into small pieces and washed
onions-1/2
tomatoes-1, cubed
oil-1 tbs
garam masala-1 tsp
salt- to taste
turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
ginger-garlic paste-1 tspred pepper powder-1/2 tsp
yogurt-1/2 cup
mint leaves-1 tbs
cilanbtro-1 tbs
green chillies-4, cut into small pieces
phulkas(roti, without oil)-5 small, cut into long thin strips
water-1 cup

Mehthod: Heat oil in a pressure cooker  and fry onions until they turn golden brown. Add the green chillies along with the ginger-garlic paste and fry until it gets more brown. Althis point, add the meat, salt, turmeric powder, red pepper powder, yogurt, tomatoes and cook until the meat gets tender. Turn off the stove and once the pressure settles, remove the lid and turn up the heat on the stove and add the water. to this boiling mixture, add the strips of bread and cook for 2 minutes. Give it a good stir and make sure what is left in the cooker is one gooey stuff with the strips still in shape. Turn off the stove and serve hot. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog. Your recipies sound very good, and Inshallah should taste good too. Is the ambada chutney from hyderabad?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.