Cardamom flavored Cake

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

The love of baking goes back to the time when I was about six years old and my Mom took me along to the Baking Classes she took. I never had dreamt I would be baking one day, as I thought it was what my Mom would do all the time. Here I am, baking, cooking, cleaning  and more and  blogging too:)

I decided to bake this cake after I saw a recipe for the Cardamom flavored cake at www.lovefoodeat.com.  However, I have used my own measurements and ingredients here.

Ingredients:

All purpose flour-2 cups
sugar-1 cup
oil-1 cup
cardamom powder-1 tsp
baking- powder-1 tsp
salt-1/2 tsp
eggs-4
coconut powder-1 cup
coconut milk-3/4 cup

Method: Pre-heat the oven at a 400 deg F. Begin by sifting all the dry ingredients(including the coconut powder) and set them aside. Then, beat the eggs until frothy, add the cardamom powder, oil, sugar and whisk well. To this wet mixture, add the sifted flour mixture and whisk until the mixture falls in folds. Grease a bundt pan or any other pan you have and pour in the batter. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the top becomes light golden brown in color. Poke a tooth-pick and if it comes out clean, turn off the oven and remove the cake onto a cooling rack. Cut it into pieces and serve while it is still warm. Enjoy!


1 comment:

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.