Semolina Cookies

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Baking can be therapeutic when everything else seems boring. This is what I did,  baked some semolina cookies on one cold evening and loved the fact that I know what goes into them and what goes into my childrens' tummies. Here's how I made them

Ingredients

 all purpose flour-2 cups
semolina-1 cup
salt-a pinch
sugar-1/2 cup
egg-1 large
rose essence-1 tsp
butter-1 stick
milk-1/4 cup
chia seeds-1 tsp for topping

Method: Mix the flour, semolina, salt, sugar and set aside. Whisk together butter, egg, essence and milk. Mix the dry ingredients and the wet and knead  until you are left with a stiff dough and set aside for 20 minutes. Roll out the dough on a floured surface into a big round of desired thickness. Use cookie cutters and cut out the cookies and carefully place them on a greased non-stick baking tray and slowly put a pinch of chia seeds on each cookie and press gently. Pre-heat the oven to a 350 deg F and bake the cookies for 12 minutes. Half way through the baking time, turn the tray around a couple times to ensure uniform baking. When the cookies start turning brown from the sides and the bottom, turn off the oven ie., in about 12 minutes. Let them sit there for two more minutes and remove them from the oven and let them cool completely before consuming. If you like your cookies crispy yet soft to chew, these are a must-bakes:) Enjoy!



1 comment:

I appreciate your visit to my Blog. Do let me know what you think about the Post. Also, if you have attempted to cook following my recipe, tell me how it came out.